Re: [linux-lvm] Q: Howto regenerate device files

Hi

I created a volume group and few lvols. After a reboot I did a vgscan
which found my volume group. So far so good. Unfortunately the device
files for the lvols were gone, I'm using udev.
I tried to regenerate them using vgmknodes -v without success:

root # vgmknodes -v
  Finding all logical volumes
  /dev/stick: opendir failed: No such file or directory

My system is:

kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r6

root # lvm version
  LVM version:     2.00.33 (2005-01-07)
  Library version: 1.00.19-ioctl (2004-07-03)
  Driver version:  4.4.0

Is there any way to recover?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,