[linux-lvm] If one disk fails i loose everything?

 I have tree simple questions about LVM that just could not be answered
 after 4 hours of search in LVM howto, Google, Linux questions and
 linux-lvm Archives.

 I have a small file server with 600Gbytes in one liner volume group
 consisting of 3 200 Gbyte Hard disk. My questions are:

 1. If one hard disk fails (hardware) do I loose all the data stored on
 the VG?

 2. Can I add a new hard disk in the VG without having to format it
 before? (I mean if it is full of data can I just add it?)

 3. In case of failure can I recover the data from a single disk on
 another box?

 Thanks in advance

 Kyriakos

 Greece