Re: [linux-lvm] LVM onFly features

--On December 10, 2005 11:31:40 PM +0100 Marc-Jano Knopp <pub_ml_lvm marc-jano de> wrote:

I thought the tails would be used to save the file blocks with less than
$BLOCKSIZE? So, if ReiserFS lost the tails, it would be a very lucky
coincidence, if none of the files were damaged. Or am I misguided again?
:-}

Any tail can be packed if it doesn't match the block size. In our case the corruption evidenced itself as files with the first part being ok, and the last part being all NULLs (0x0) up to the 'normal' file size.