[linux-lvm] Meta-flag: don't activate on boot

Hi,

It would be neat if there was a way to flag that a particular volume
group should not be activated by default, typically at boot time,
i.e. running 'vgchange -ay' shouldn't activate it. This is especially
useful in clustering environments, when you want to "share" a volume
group across several nodes for redundancy, but only activate it on one
node at a time.

As of now, I patch rc.sysinit for this. Of course one could make a
config file of sorts that rc.sysinit would use to determine whether a
VG should be activated or not. But IMHO this should rather be a LVM
feature, implemented as a flag in the metadata of a volume group.

So my question is: Is this sort of thing planned in the forseeable
future? If not, please consider this a feature request :)

Cheers,

--
Trond Hasle Amundsen <t h amundsen usit uio no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo