[linux-lvm] she-bang doesn't work - bad interpreter: Permission denied

Patrick Bartkus patrckb22 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 19:12:57 UTC 2005

I've searched the mailing list archives and can't find
any relevant threads.

Here's my environment:
Fedora Core 3

[root at aslan bin]# rpm -q lvm2
lvm2-2.00.25-1.01
[root at aslan bin]# lvm version
  LVM version:     2.00.25 (2004-09-29)
  Library version: 1.00.19-ioctl (2004-07-03)
  Driver version:  4.1.0

When I try to excute a simple perl program on my
/home/.../bin (which is on a logical volume partition)
I get:

[root at aslan bin]# cat hello-world
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT
print "hello, world!\n" ;
[root at aslan bin]# ./hello-world
bash: ./hello-world: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter:
Permission denied
[root at aslan bin]#

But I try the same exact program on the same partition
as the interperter
[root at aslan bin]# /tmp/hello-world
hello, world!

Am I not holding my mouth right? What could be
preventing the execution of my scripts from my logical
volume?

Patrick

=====
Patrick Bartkus, RHCE, CCNP, SCM 	Sr. Network Support Analyst
         Atlanta, GA
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?