Re: [linux-lvm] Can't mount after crash

I have my data back now. As a reminder, what I did was:

On FC3's rescue disk...

1) Do startup network interfaces
2) Don't try to automatically mount the filesystems - not even readonly
3) lvm vgchange --ignorelockingfailure -P -a y
4) fdisk -l, and guess which partition is which based on size: the small
one was /boot, and the large one was /
5) mkdir /mnt/boot
6) mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/boot
7) Look up the device node for the root filesystem
in /mnt/boot/grub/grub.conf
8) A first tentative step, to see if things are working: fsck -
n /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
9) Dive in: fsck -f -y /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
10) Wait a while... Be patient. Don't interrupt it
11) Reboot

Thanks Dan! This also restored all my data. Thanks!

Daniel