[linux-lvm] scary message (incorrect header checksum)

Marc Cousin cousinmarc at free.fr
Tue Jan 11 17:37:04 UTC 2005

        /dev/ram2: Skipping: Unrecognised LVM device type 1
        Opened /dev/hda2 RO
      /dev/hda2: size is 1012095 sectors
        Closed /dev/hda2
        Using /dev/hda2
        Opened /dev/hda2 RO
        /dev/hda2: block size is 4096 bytes
      /dev/hda2: lvm2 label detected
        Closed /dev/hda2
        Opened /dev/hda2 RO
        /dev/hda2: block size is 4096 bytes
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
        Closed /dev/hda2
        /dev/loop2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/sda2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/md2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/scd2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/xda2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/hdc2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/sbpcd2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/hde2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/hdg2: Skipping (sysfs)
        /dev/eda2: Skipping (sysfs)

That's strange, as hda2 is a swap device ...
I've mkswapped it, didn't change a thing.
Si I zeroed it with dd, mkswapped it again, and the message is gone...

--
BOFH Excuse #1:

clock speed