Re: [linux-lvm] Trouble with XFS/Snapshot

Bruno Bonfils wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use the snapshot feature, but i have trouble. I don't
have error message (kernel or others), i don't know how to check if
lvcreate still running..

My first try was with a volume group of ~ 580 GB (hardware raid 5) I created a logical volume 50GB, create a XFS Filesystem, put some data (~1GB) and run the following commands :

$ xfs_freeze -f <mount point>
$ lvcreate -v -s -L 2GB -n snapshot <device>

I got same problem (and even wrote on this group).
Don't do xfs_freeze before taking snapshot. lvcreate when snapshoting tries to lock filesystem by itself, and when filesystem is locked with xfs_freeze, is hand during lock and wait... and wait... and wait...
According to my tests, lvm locking is enought to create stable snap.

HTH

--
Piw