Re: [linux-lvm] couldn't find device with uuid ...

george cs umd edu wrote:
I removed the physical volume that i last added, but i still get:
For example:
pvscan
Couldn't find device with uuid '.....'
I might have modified/removed a partition that was part of VolGroup00, but
I am sure it didn't have any data on it. /dev/hda4 was holding all my
data. Is there any chance that I can get VolGroup00 to work again?

Try:

vgreduce --removemissing /dev/VolGroup00

You can also get a long way using the --partial (-P) flag to many of the
utilities.

eg

  vgscan -P
  vgchange -P -ay
  vgdisplay -v -P /dev/VolGroup00

--
Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)