[linux-lvm] (root is lvm) Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

Hi, all
I am dealing with a Disaster Recovery Software. After recoveried system layout with lvm tools and recoveried data I bootup the machine,but "kernel panic" happened.
Really appreaciate your help.

My system is Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9(kernel 2.6.5-7.97-default).
The / partition is installed in a lvm vg.
The /boot partion is a regular partition.

My trace:
Before reboot, I can activate all my logic volume with command "vgchange -ay", and all of them can be mounted successfully.
Then I installed lilo.
And during bootup, I add "initrd=trace" to trace the initrd procedure, I don't find anything abnormal(dm-mod loaded,volume activated, chroot to real root succesfully...) except the kernel panic.
In my opnion, the "kernel panic" always happened during upgrading kernel.  Which problem it should be?
How can I trace the problem?

Thanks in advance.