[linux-lvm] iSCSI lun resize

Igor Feoktistov ifeoktistov at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 22:09:51 UTC 2005

Has anybody succeeded in fs resizing on iscsi lun?
I've created vg on iscsi disk /dev/sdb and lv using
all available space.
When I resized the lun on iscsi target and did "echo 1

sys/devices/platform/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:1/rescan",
I could see the message from kernel showing correct
new size:
--
Jul  2 14:28:42 iscsi-rh4u1 kernel: SCSI device sdb:
73400320 512-byte hdwr sectors (37581 MB)
Jul  2 14:28:42 iscsi-rh4u1 kernel: SCSI device sdb:
drive cache: write through
--
However, it's not visible from lvm.
fdisk and parted also show old disk geometry.

The platform is x86 RHEL4U1, kernel 2.6.9-11.ELsmp,
linux-iscsi-4.0.2

PS: I really hoped on using ext2online. Any help how
to make it work on iscsi disks will be very
appreciated.