[linux-lvm] lvm lost after reboot !? how to recover UUID?

kitchhiking.org admin at kitchhiking.org
Mon Jul 18 16:05:44 UTC 2005

Hi Alan,

first of all thx for the quick response.

I already checked for the physical presence and function of the
disks, also checked SMART parameters with
smartctl -> everything is fine.

I changed nothing to the installed system. No new kernel, nothing.

devfs was enabled already before.

pvdisplay/vgdisplay didn't find anything (see my previous post).

vgchange -a y can't find a VG, too.

I have absolutely no clue what happened. I already thought maybe
there were still some filesystem writes cached
and non flushed, when I rebooted but that would be really strange...

Any more ideas?

Regards,
Constantin