[linux-lvm] LVM / File descriptor .. left open / Snapshot-Problems

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Sat Jul 23 15:20:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 04:44:22PM +0200, Dr. Jürgen Vollmer wrote:
> This is reproducable.
> If I wait long enough (some 10 minutes) everything seems to work again.

Add one or more -v options to the lvm commands to see more details.
Run 'dmsetup info -c' and 'ls -l /sys/block/dm*' between lvm commands
to check the changes have taken place.
Is there much or any I/O happening on the snapshotted device while you do this?
Does adding 'sync' in between commands make any difference?

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com