[linux-lvm] best way to make lv with 3 500G luns

What are the steps to create a volume comprised of 3 500G SGI TP9500 LUNS on SLES9?

I'm only able to get as far as pvcreate. Afterwards, I am unable to create a visible vg. By that I mean, I receive no error when I issue vgcreate, but I am unable to vgdisplay the new vg.

This is on SLES9/SN2 with two module SGI A350 and using two FC paths.

thanks
eric