[linux-lvm] Does LVM2 support mirrored volumes

David Plainfosse plaindav at nortel.com
Wed Jun 15 16:31:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am looking for a corresponding Linux LVM2 option of the AIX LVM mklv  that
enables
mirrored copies when creating a Logical Volume

The mklv AIX option is :

-w MirrorWriteConsistency
y	Turns on mirror write consistency which insures data consistency
among mirrored copies of a logical volume during normal I/O processing.

I have read in archived emails that the lvcreate  -m1 option enables
mirrored copies but it is not officially
supported. Do you know if a particular LVM2 release support mirrored volumes
?
We plan to use lvm2-2.00.32 release.

David Plainfossé
Architect GSM/UMTS Platform
Tel. : (33) 1 69 55 59 13 / ESN : 574 5913
Email: plaindav at nortel.com