[linux-lvm] VG get removed when I reboot my computer

Miguel Gómez elmiguelonmakinon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:49:41 UTC 2005

Hi friends,
I am new with lvm, and it seems very, very good to me everything that you
can do with that, but.....I've got a problem. After creating Volume groups,
PV and LV, formatted LV and mounted them, i've restarted my computer and I
realized that VG is not created, neither PV or LV, and that makes me a very
sad man.

May I execute any command before rebooting my system? Should I unmount LV?

I've created VG using PV that are loopback devices. But I know that that's
OK becouse I can do lvdisplay and get what I expect. Maybe I have to do
something special when I work with loopback devices and reboot my system.

Thank you for your support.
Regards,
Miguel.