[linux-lvm] pv resize from dve

Jim Schisler jschis at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 28 21:34:28 UTC 2005

Is it possible to dynamically resize a physical volume with the 2.6
kernel?
I am using DVE(dynamic volume expansion) on a storage product to increase
the size of a volume which I am using in LVM and can see the volume size
increase in /sys/block devices and other utilities(fdisk) after doing a
rescan of the device but cannot see the new size in pvdisplay on that
device.
Is there a way to rescan the physical volume so that the new volume size
is seen and can be used?
I am using RHEL4-U1 with lvm2-2.00.15-0.8

Thanks,
_____
Jim Schisler