[linux-lvm] Disk crash, lost volume group, cant remove lost disk

Andri Óskarsson andri at biti.is
Tue Mar 15 01:28:35 UTC 2005

I was adding a disk to my volume group and after adding it, extending
the volume and logical groups I was going to resize my ext3 fs but had
to do a fsck first (which was good).

One of my drives totally dies on me. After that I can't recover my
volume group.

Is there any way of removing a physical volume from a volume group by uuid?

vgcfgrestore fails, vgscan returns alot of missing uuids... Been
Google'ing for hours and no answers yet.

Not on the list but if you have any ideas, it would be much appriciated.

Regards,
Andri