Re: [linux-lvm] "Close failed: Bad file descriptor" messages on pvcreate

On 5/3/05, Sreedharan_Vinod emc com <Sreedharan_Vinod emc com > wrote:
Hi,

When I do pvcreate, I get deluged with "pvcreate  /dev/sdf: close failed:
Bad file descriptor" messages.

I need to explicity open another session to kill the previous pvcreate
instance to get out of this situation.

On the same system, pvcreate another device succeeds.

I've had the same problem with some SAN attached storage.  I was able to workaround it by doing a vgcreate using the physical volume pvcreate failed on.  This will obviously fail, but a subsequent pvcreate on the device will then work.