[linux-lvm] Re: Daemon or Thread with 5 minute interval

Howard Rifkin wrote:

We do have the right kernel support for our didsks. But, you do not need a lot of CPU activity to generate noise. Just enough to disrupt the cashe. Does kupdated run every 5 minutes? If so it could still be the culprit.

kupdated - journal update kswapd - swapper bdflush - flush IO

All/any of them could cause problems fir what you are doing, but I don't think
LVM is your problem.

--
Bill