[linux-lvm] LVM with Powerpath - incompatibility

Chris Osicki osk at admin.swisscom-mobile.ch
Mon May 30 07:52:53 UTC 2005

Hi Hantzley

You should read PowerPath Release Notes (P/N 300-001-969) or at least it's page 15 ;-)
"EMC pseudeo devices are not supported with LVM. Instead, native SCSI devices must be used..."

I think EMC messed up with device names as seeen in /proc/devices under "Block devices" and
LVM doesn't recognize them. They used to be called emcpower in older versions of PP I think,
now they are "emcp".

Regards,
Chris