[linux-lvm] aborted pvmove; how to remove locked LV "pvmove0"

Randall A. Jones rajones at svs.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 2 04:12:20 UTC 2005

I started a pvmove that was interrupted before it was finished.
lvdisplay reports that the pvmove0 LV is still there.  Looking in
/etc/lvm/backup/vg0 shows that pvmove0 is locked.  If I try to use
lvremove pvmove0, it fails stating that it is locked.

Is there a way to unlock a locked LV?  Or is there a way to tell LVM
that the pvmove operation is no longer needed so it will clean up?

Thank you,
Randall
--
..:.::::
Randall Jones     GST      NASA Goddard Space Flight Center