[linux-lvm] LVM disk from another system.

I have a disk create with LVM 1 on another system and is in the form of a removable disk format. I want to put into another (which is running LVM 2) system. How do I recognize it and mount it. Also under LVM 1 we could change the group and volume names and so I did with vg00 being the group name and lvol01 be the volume name. Under LVM 2 it seems to not like that. I will submit another e-mail on the whole subject as well.

I suspect that I may have to do a vgscan or something, but I am not sure if it will work on a LVM system scanning a LVM create volume.

Please be detailed in you description of how to do this by giving command examples. One liners will most like not help.

Thank you,

   Sam Rogers.