[linux-lvm] Directly using a logical volume

Allen, Jack Jack.Allen at McKesson.com
Tue Sep 20 20:14:25 UTC 2005

        I have a system connected to a SAN via Fibre Channel interface.
The system sees 3 disk sdb, sdc and sdd. I put them in a volume group
and then allocated some logical volumes. If I use the logical volume to
read and write to directly for my application, if there is an error on a
write, I assume the write system call will return an error. Or does the
write give a good return value after putting the data in some system
buffer to be written later? Then is the write of the system buffer fails
later, my program would not know.

Thanks:
        Jack Allen