Re: [linux-lvm] LVM NOT scary! (was: LVM scary!)

On Mon, 2006-04-03 08:41:12 -0400, Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge gnu org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:32:48PM +0100, Jim Ford wrote:
> > Hmm, there are so many horror stories on this forum that I'm beginning
> > to wish that I hadn't chosen the LVM option when I installed my Kubuntu
> > system! Mind you, having said that, I never had problems with 5 years of
> > software raid on a Slackware box.
>
> Well, it's commonly know that mostly the horror stories are what people
> tell each other and remember.  And especially in this very place, as it's
> main purpose (apart from developing the software further) is to be a
> contact point for people encountering such issues.

Full ACK.  The most scary cases are those where people expect to get
high-availability by LVM'ing some IDE disks together.

Hey, LVM on MD really is a nice thing, even dm-crypt ontop, works
flawlessly :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw lug-owl de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O