Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove on a root partition

Hello Ralf,

Thank you very much for the info. I guess I won't pvmove on a root partition for a while ;)

Christopher

From: Ralf Müller <ralf bj-ig de>
To: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm redhat com>
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove on a root partition
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:48:54 +0200

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:58, Christopher Probst wrote:

> pvmove /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdb2 where /dev/hdb1 is mounted on "/"
>
> makes my system unuseable. I can't log into my machine even in a text
> console. Has anybody tried this before?

Yes - about a year before. And I failed. After asking I have been told
there is some locking problem somewhere and there have to be major
changes before this would work - if I remember correctly. The answer
gave not the impression that this is rated a high priority problem.

Regards
Ralf

--
       An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

<< attach4 >>