[linux-lvm] moving a volume group from one SAN host to another (using powerpa th)

I have a volume group built on one host.  I vgchange -an on it to de-activate it, then I vgexport it.  The devices are presented to another host.  I run a pvscan (and pvscan -e) on it and I don't see the devices, I don't see an exported volume group.

No matching physical volumes found

Help?

-pdh