[linux-lvm] LVM2 release 2.02.03 / device-mapper 1.02.04

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 16:23:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 06:28:46AM +0700, Alexey Shinkin wrote:
> And both are still "development" , not "stable" ?
> What is criteria of "stability" and do you plan to release stable versions ?

The labelling is like a 'release candidate' process: if no significant
problems reveal themselves with a particular release after a
reasonable amount of time, and I believe it is at least as 'stable' as
the existing release labelled 'stable', I'll move the label forward.

None of the lvm2 2.02 releases so far deserved that label - there was
some problem or other with each of them.  With the current release,
I think we're quite close now.

> And how stable are versions that included in RedHat/Fedora Core
> distributions ?

RHEL aims at stability and so takes bug fixes more quickly than it
takes enhancements and other changes.

Fedora tracks upstream development more closely.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com