[linux-lvm] lvm2 pv failure

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 16:31:49 UTC 2006

You could stuff in a new drive and 'dd' the contents of the failed
drive to the new drive (if the drive hasn't completely failed) using
the "noerror" option.

Now you might be able to (shutdown) pull the bad drive and reboot.

So far, you've risked nothing.  I'd see how this goes before trying
other things (like editing the lvm labels directly).

  brassow