[linux-lvm] lvm2 *TEMPORARY* PV failure - what happens?

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Tue Apr 25 20:39:38 UTC 2006

assume 2 scenarios

1) this PV is under use when it is disconnected temporarily. then
eventually will return r/w errors to applications. but other LVs are
still accessible.

2) system is off and boot up again. for this system will complain PV
with UUID ... is not found. so the only way is to partially activate VG.

am i correct here?

ming