[linux-lvm] Cloning Logical Volumes

Hello there folks.  I have a question.

I am looking for a better way of cloning logical volumes then creating a new logical volume, identical to a source logical volume, and using “dd” to copy data between the two logical volumes.

I would love to use dm-mirror to do this, but I do not think any interface has been provided to do this yet.

All suggestions and ideas appreciated.

I am running lvm2-2.02.04-r1 & 2.6.15 kernel.

Thanks!