[linux-lvm] converting PV from md to non-md

Musard, Kris Kris.Musard at spirentcom.com
Thu Aug 10 18:13:57 UTC 2006

I am trying to "undo" the software raid setup on a system.  I have been
able to simply change the partition type from "linux raid auto detect"
to "linux" and mount the filesystems which were previously formatted on
top of the md device directly to the underlying /dev/hda[0-9] device.
The PV was originally added as /dev/md1 to the VG.  I tried setting the
partition type from "linux raid autodetect" to "linux LVM" but vgscan
and vgimport both give an error about the PV is part of a multiple
device.  Does anyone have a procedure for going from LVM on top of linux
md software raid to LVM without md?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

<DIV><FONT size="1">

E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. If you require assistance, please contact our IT department at helpdesk at spirentcom.com.

Spirent Communications plc,
Spirent House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Spirent House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL, United Kingdom

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300

</FONT></DIV>