[linux-lvm] LVM problem - how to recover? (solved)

Richard Kampmann Richard.Kampmann at freenet.de
Tue Dec 5 13:38:49 UTC 2006

Hi Zac,

> > Any way to recover the LVs of the old volume group? A vgcfgrestore (YES,
> > there was a vgcfgbackup before!) does not work ... bad luck.
>
> What errors do you get using vgcfgrestore?

thank you for your answer. I got various errors ...

The reason for this was that all hints and todos I found had the wrong syntax
(maybe old lvm-version ...). The manpage of vgcfgrestore does not tell
anything helpful.

In the meantime I found the right syntax and with a little trying and
stumbling I managed to get access to the important LVs on both disks. Most of
my important data is available - only one filesystem was badly corrupted.
Maybe a 'reiserfsck --rebuild-tree' helps (runs at the moment).

So my problem seems to be solved - thanks.

Bye

Richard