[linux-lvm] LVM2 and OCFS2

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Mon Dec 11 11:35:49 UTC 2006

Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> To get clustered LVM you need to use clvm (RPM package lvm2-cluster) which synchronises LVM metadata updates across the cluster.
> This only works with Red Hat cluster suite though - you would need you write your own cluster management plugin for OCFS2 if you
> wanted to use that (hard, but not impossible). Of course, RHCS does offer GFS as the cluster filesystem, if that's what you really need!

Another option is GPFS from IBM, free as in beer. It really is a state
of the art cluster filesystem and well worth the effort to look into if
you are in the market for a cluster FS.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.