[linux-lvm] EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock

Hello all,

I have a server production with centos 4 with kernel 2.6.9-42 and lvm2-2.02.06 installed. All was working find, but today the server crashed. When I would reboot my server, I saw in the log that the lvm partiton wouldn't mount. This is the error -> kernel: EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock.

If I try to mount manually the partition, these errors appears :

the superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. if the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alterate superblock:

I don't understand these errors, my partition if formated in ext3...

Someone could help me please ???

Regards

Jean