[linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

Matt P slarty.tj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:51:04 UTC 2006

I can't think of any Volume Manager that would let you mirror disks from 2
separate VGs... I know Veritas won't let you, unless they've changed
something in the last version or 2... But other than that I wouldn't see why
you couldn't use 2 different fabrics, they're just disks to LVM... If you're
having trouble managing 200+ PVs, just build the LV first using only disks
from 1 fabric, then make the second fabric available/visible, and add a
mirror using only those disks... I think that would work...