RE: [linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

ahhh, I see where the difference in view comes from: MC-Service Guard is a
HA clustering suite that does not contain a cluster FS; it simply does
package switching upon failover between two or more nodes.
Yeah - if you're looking to create as part of a startup script for the "package", and remove it when you stop it being live, that should indeed work.

At that stage the md stuff is only ever accessed on a single node, and there's no problem.

MC-Serviceguard (last time I used it anyway) is very clean & simple - but doesn't provide the same functionality :)

Graham