[linux-lvm] 'snapshot' target still experimental :-(

I noticed that this is still the case... but I want to use it :-)

I need to set up simple snapshot/rsync backups of XFS filesystems, so I'm wondering what the current thinking in the community is. Is it reliable enough to trust not to crash my server or do other nasty things?