Re: [linux-lvm] 'snapshot' target still experimental :-(

Steffen Plotner wrote:

With FC4 for example I cannot remove a snapshot while the underlying
logical volume is under heavy I/O.  Once all I/O stops I can remove the
snapshot. Doing a lvremove will hang.

Interesting.

I am using this on a Gentoo system using vanilla kernel 2.6.15.1, and my volumes don't experience 'heavy I/O' at the times I make backups, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the info :-)