[linux-lvm] 'snapshot' target still experimental :-(

Steffen Plotner swplotner at amherst.edu
Wed Feb 1 18:07:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

Ah, I see, reading is never the problem. Do a simple

cd to a directory on an lv that has an active snapshot

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=10000

And see how hard it is to remove a live active snapshot. You will find
that lvremove hangs, you can press Ctrl-C, then try lvscan and it hangs
- maybe 2.6.15.1 has fixed this?  Would you let us know?

Thanks.

Steffen