Re: [linux-lvm] 'snapshot' target still experimental :-(

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

Indeed (and to keep quite on topic), perhaps rather than hardlink trees,
LVM snapshots would be even more space efficient.  Maybe that is what
this thread has been about.  I just jumped in.  Apologies if it was.

No, I'm using snapshots to make rsync backups onto removable drives (so the hardlink tree method won't work for me either).