[linux-lvm] pvmove errors

Zac Slade krakrjak at volumehost.net
Wed Feb 1 04:03:11 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 17:26, Tom Lanyon wrote:
> pvscan -- ACTIVE    PV  "/dev/cciss/c1d0p1" of VG "Volume0" [99.99 GB /
> 99.99 GB Free] pvscan -- ACTIVE    PV  "/dev/cciss/c0d0p2" of VG "Volume0"
> [136.61 GB / 68.89 GB Free]
> I need to remove /dev/cciss/c1d0p1.
Okay this is more clear.  Yes the pv is unused and should be possible to
cleanly remove the pv from the volumegroup.

> pvscan shows that its unused, but a "vgreduce Volume0 /dev/cciss/c1d0p1"
> tells me it can't reduce because the PV is used.
It's always more helpful to post the output of vgreduce, but I'll take a stab
here.

> Any ideas?
First you should mark the pv as unallocatable pvchange -x no /dev/cciss/c1d0p1
The next step is to remove the pv from the volume group using vgreduce
Volume0 /dev/cciss/c1d0p1 or alternatively vgreduce -a Volume0

If those do not work please post the output of those commands.
--
Zac Slade