[linux-lvm] can't create a PV

Gunther Clasen gunther_clasen at arcor.de
Tue Feb 14 18:55:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

> Not a good version to use.
> The md/partition detection was improved in 2.00.32.

Thank you for your help! So it is a squashed bug... ;-)

I must admit that I hadn't read man lvm.conf, although it hadn't helped:
above snip is not included in my version of it. :-(

Anyway, seems to work fine now...

Gunther

P.S.: Would have liked to use SuSE 10.0 instead of 9.2, but with support
for my modem broken, it's a non-starter :-(((