Re: [linux-lvm] Booting into LVM

Roger Lucas wrote:
My guess is that LVM isn't being loaded/started/configured correctly at boot
time or that there is some problem with "/dev"...

Can anyone shed any light on this?
I believe that 2.6.14 is after devfs stopped being supported, so you're going to have to go with udev instead - which also means that mkinitrd isn't going to work either. (I think there's lvm2 compatability issues as well, but I just went for Sid instead of trying to get sarge working with a new kernel)

If you google for 'debian sarge udev' there are quite a few pages that give details about what needs to be done - although they may not be exactly what you're after...

If that isn't the answer then I'm sure we can help you work through it :)