[linux-lvm] Any way to recover "logical volumes"

Dan Elder dan at absolutelynew.com
Thu Jan 5 18:08:01 UTC 2006

Hi All, yesterday my main system drive crashed, leaving me with two 400GB
LVM drives with data on them that I need to access. When I run pvscan I get
the following info on a brand new system install with the LVM drives
attached:

 PV /dev/sda1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [372.59 GB / 372.59 GB free]
 PV /dev/sdb1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [372.59 GB / 372.59 GB free]
 Total: 2 [745.19 GB] / in use: 2 [745.19 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

so I'm guessing(and hoping) that the data is still there, but I can't figure
out the proper way to access or mount this. The VG says there are 0 logical
volumes, is there a way to add the existing disks to this VG as logical
volumes? I've been reading all of the howto's & forums & haven't found
anything that works yet.

Thanks in advance