[linux-lvm] lvm and duplicates...

C'est Pierre cestpierre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 09:48:40 UTC 2006

Hello Luca

On 6/8/06, Luca Berra <bluca at comedia.it> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:38:49PM +0100, C'est Pierre wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I'm trying to setup a cluster with ServiceGuard but I am going through
> >a lot of hassles doing so. I did a mistake initially by trying to
> >pvcreate the 2 luns of the same physical disk from our storage (fiber
> >channel) and now, while trying to create a new logical volume, I get
> >this weird error, for the record the sda and sdb are the 2 luns coming
> >from different paths (cards):
> >
> you posted before about multipathing,
> and you got one answer.
> what did you do for the multipathing issue you had?

You're right about that. We tried the multipathing, but suddenly one
of the nodes fc card, stopped working and we need to make a couple of
tests before our trial version of the clustering software expires, as
such, we need to fix the LVM problem before we get into the multipath
subject, which will only happen once HP replaces our FC card