[linux-lvm] vm i/o error

Slava Mikerin slava_mikerin at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 22:00:42 UTC 2006

hello,
 i am using lvm 2 with and having problems with home partition. when i try activating my vg group "playbox" i get an error:
   Code:

vgchange -ay
  /dev/evms/lvm2/playbox/home: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
  /dev/playbox/home: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
  7 logical volume(s) in volume group "playbox" now active

 i tried
   Code:

e2fsck /dev/playbox/home
e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /dev/playbox/home
Could this be a zero-length partition?

 can anyone please help me recover my partition
 thanks alot
 slava