[linux-lvm] lvcreate and lvremove issues

Romain Cherchi romain.cherchi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:13:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tryied to create a new logical volume using the following command:

lvcreate --size 128m --name LogVoltest VolGroup00

... I got the following error:

  device-mapper: table ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  Failed to activate new LV.

However, when I enter lvscan I can see the logical volume:
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVoltest' [128.00 MB] inherit

I can remove it neither: lvremove /dev/VolGroup00/LogVoltest
Do you really want to remove active logical volume "LogVoltest"? [y/n]: y
  device-mapper: deps ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  _deps: task run failed for (253:9)
  Failed to add device (253:9) to dtree
  Unable to deactivate logical volume "LogVoltest"

I someone familiar with this problem?

Thanks :)

--
Romain CHERCHI