[linux-lvm] LVM2 intergrated 'native' mirroring support ?

Barnaby Claydon bclaydon at volved.com
Sun Mar 5 23:35:37 UTC 2006

Hi John,

In short; No.

I believe the most common, practical method to achieve some sort of data
protection is to have your devices in a RAID array with the LVM
configuration on top. You're probably already aware, given that you
mentioned 'dm', but this method means the mirroring is abstracted out
from LVM and handled by the dedicated processes.

Sorry that wasn't a great help, but thought I'd share. I'm actually
considering the best approach myself in preparation for rebuilding my
file-server, and I found (oddly enough) a very informative Slashdot.org
comment thread on the general subject:

http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=169386&cid=14117414

Good luck!
-Barnaby