[linux-lvm] Re: need help booting from SATA in 2.4.32 / LVM

George Nychis gnychis at cmu.edu
Wed May 17 17:30:18 UTC 2006

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:40:52AM -0400, George Nychis wrote:
>> Because it does......
>>
>> on bootup the *same* exact drive in 2.4.32 shows up as /dev/hda
>>
>> It has the exact same volume information as my drive that shows up in
>> 2.6.9 as /dev/sda
>
> Yes I do remember a few sata controllers had some support in 2.4, which
> was dropped from 2.6 early on when libata came in.
>
> It is very unlikely you will ever see that again in the future.
>
> Len Sorensen

I see... well I am finally getting it to boot, i did not have initrd
support built into the 2.4.32 kernel, but now i'm getting LVM errors:

Scanning logical volumes
   /bin/vgscan.lvm1: execvp failed: No such file or directory
ERROR: /bin/vgscan exited abnormally!
Activating logical volumes
   /bin/vgchange.lvm1: execvp failed: No such file or directory
ERROR: /bin/vgchange exited abnormally!

I know nothing about LVM so... i'm pretty clueless for now